BT0023 Higashi-Matsushima City
In Higashi-Matsushima City Reconstruction Memorial Park of the Great East Japan Earthquake, there is a plaza where memorial monuments are built, the Earthquake Disaster Recovery Memorial Hall which is in the renovated the former Nobiru Station and the ruins of the platform in the former Nobiru Station. In the Earthquake Disaster Recovery Memorial Hall, there are panels, images, documents on exhibit which show the disaster and reconstruction situation in Higashi-Matsushima City, Miyagi Prefecture.
(1) Information Corner: Tourist guide of facilities and surrounding areas
(2) History of Higashi-Matsushima City: Exhibit of the establishment of the city and the state of the city before the disaster
(3) Events of March 11th, 2011: Exhibition of the situation of the damage by the disaster, viewing of archived video
(4) Progress of Reconstruction: Exhibition of reconstruction projects in the city and reconstruction scenes, as well as introduction of volunteer support activities
(5) Toward the Future: Future town-planning initiative, introduction of various activities for reconstruction
(6) Multipurpose Hall: A place of recovery and exchange
(7) Memorial Square: Prayers at the monument
(8) Earthquake Disaster Ruins: Exhibition of the former Nobiru Station platform
What happened in this town at the time of disaster? What were people's thoughts during that time? We will never forget the severa many ｂonds among people and hopes which were born from the experiences.
Memories fade with time and become vague. However, the "memories and records" in here will not disappear.
The Reconstruction Memorial Park of the Great East Japan Earthquake is a symbolic facility which will foster awareness on disaster preparedness and risk reduction.
1 people and up
Up to about 40 people
Around 30 minutes - 40 minutes
Earthquake / Tsunami
Aftermath of a disaster (72 hours) / Emergency restoration / Reconstruction
All / Other (limited to guests staying at the accomodations)
Higashi-Matsushima City Reconstruction Memorial Park of the Great East Japan Earthquake