English and Japanese text only.
BT0036 Minamisanriku Town
This lecture is a program where a Kataribe (narrator) guide talks about their actual experience of the earthquake disaster and the lessons they learned from the earthquake disaster, while showing a slide presentation. In addition, the tour of tsunami-affected areas takes approximately 1 hour where a Kataribe (narrator) guide explains the situation at the time of the disaster aboard the visitors' bus while travelling around the tsunami-affected areas. In either case, the Kataribe (narrator) guide will accompany you to the designated place in Minamisanriku Town and will guide you to the program after that.
Course Example of a Tour of Affected Areas
Leaving Minamisanriku Portal Center == ruins of the Disaster Prevention Office == former Togura Junior High School == through the New Fish Market == via the Bayside Arena == arriving at Minamisanriku Portal Center.
We will convey the threat of natural disasters, the importance of life and the bonds with family. We will reconsider the charm and the value of the area where we live.
10 people (the fees written below are applied for individuals also)
Up to 120 people
This is a program where you can select a lecture conducted by a Kataribe (narrator) guide and a tour of tsunami-affected areas.
(1) Kataribe (narrator) guide lecture: 60 minutes (projection of slides in a room and guide lecture.)
(2) Tour tsunami-affected areas: 60 minutes (explanation of affected areas by a guide aboard the visitors’ bus)
Please select your preferred plan from the following:
A) (1) Lecture + (2) Tour
Up to 20 people per bus: 20,000 yen (tax not included)
* Additional 1,000 yen (tax not included) per person will be charged if more than 20 people.
B) (2) Tour only
Up to 20 people per bus: 10,000 yen (tax not included)
* Additional 500 yen (tax not included) per person will be charged if more than 20 people.
C) (3) Lecture only
* 15,000 yen (tax and venue fee are not included) regardless of the number of people.
* In case of two or more buses or about a student group discount, please consult with us.
About 2 hours
Earthquake / Tsunami
Aftermath of a disaster (72 hours) / Reconstruction
Lecture / Lecture tour
Minamisanriku Tourism Association
TEL: 0226-47-2550 / FAX: 0226-46-3080