BT0041 Kesennuma City
A Kataribe (narrator) guide will board the bus or car and will talk about the conditions during the disaster and of the reconstruction while going around the area severely damaged by the earthquake disaster.
In addition to the Shark Museum and Rias Ark Museum, which exhibits photos of disaster-stricken objects and affected areas, it is possible to customize the course based on your request to include the ruins of the former Kesennuma Koyo High School and the seawall, etc.
(1) Inland Bay Inspection Course (1 hour)
(2) Inland Bay to Hashikami or Karakura Peninsula Tour Course (2 hours)
(3) Earthquake Disaster Comprehensive Learning Course (3 hours)
* A separate entrance fee will be charged when visiting the Rias Ark Museum and the Shark Museum.
Making use of specialized knowledge and experiences, the Kataribe (narrators) (more than 30 members) from various occupations will explain the response during and after a disaster as well as the steps toward recovery.
Usually 10 people
200 people, 5 buses * Consultation is required
'◎ Basic Fee (this is the charge when arranging 1 Guide)
(1) Kataribe (Narration) of Giant Tsunami Experiences (for general participants)
1 hour: 3,000 yen, 2 hours: 5,000 yen, 3 hours: 8,000 yen
(2) Disaster Preparedness Education Kataribe (Narration) (for field trips of high school students and below)
1 hour: 2,000 yen, 2 hours: 3,000 yen, 3 hours: 5,000 yen
* This is the hourly fee. Please contact if exceeding 3 hours.
1 - 3 hours * Please contact if exceeding 3 hours.
Earthquake / Tsunami
Aftermath of a disaster (72 hours) / Reconstruction
General / Elementary, junior high and high schools / All
Lecture / Lecture tour
Kesennuma Tourism & Convention Bureau
TEL: 0226-22-4560 / FAX: 0226-22-9280