English and Japanese text only.
BT0063 Minamisanriku Town
Local residents will guide and walk around with the participants. Then, the guide talks about the attractive points of the town, disaster experiences, and lessons learned from the disaster. You can select a course from the following listed below.
Town walking course:
1. Shizugawa high ground course
2. Shizugawa east direction course
3. Shizugawa central part course
4. Shopping district ~ Higashiyama park course
5. Shopping district ~ Follow the camellia evacuation route course
6. Utatsuisatomae west direction course
7. Visit Iriya, pray to Octopus-Kun to pass an examination.
8. Fascinating Minamisanriku guided by those who are moving to the countryside.
Example course details: Shizugawa high ground course
Visit the earthquake photography exhibition at Minamisanriku Portal Center. ⇒ Go to high ground by going up the 220 stairs! ⇒ Listen to an explanation of the situation at the time of the disaster while viewing Minamisanriku from high ground.
Please contact us for further information of other courses.
We hope to convey the threat of natural disasters and the importance of life and connections with family.
Learn about the initial action system and mental preparation at the time of the tsunami and the appeal and value of the Minamisanriku area .
Deepen your understanding of the current situation of recovery and future prospects of the Minamisanriku area, Miyagi prefecture.
1 person. (Program for individuals)
Maximum 5 people
For 5 people: 2.000 yen per person (including tax)
For 4 people: 2.500 yen per person (including tax)
For 3 people: 2.500 yen per person (including tax)
For 2 people: 3.500 yen per person (including tax)
For a person: 7.000 yen (including tax)
About 60 minutes
Earthquake / Tsunami
Minamisanriku Tourism Association