English and Japanese text only.
BT0069 Minamisanriku Town
By using a video and documents, lecture on the limitations of assumptions and response to unexpected of the Great East Japan Earthquake is given. Then, make considerations towards human capabilities for implementing disaster prevention.
Contents (90 minutes)
1. Preparation for the tsunami before the Great East Japan Earthquake
2. Tsunami evacuation from the first wave after the earthquake
3. Consideration for tsunami evacuation
4. About an assumption of natural disaster
5. Response to imperfect assumptions
6. Improve imperfect assumption
* "About trauma after the disaster and reconstruction" is added for requests of the 120 minute program.
From the case that many people lost their lives by earthquake disaster, learn the fact that it is necessary not only to know disaster prevention but also to be able to act with the knowledge of it. Because disaster assumption is incomplete, understand that the ability of flexibility in specific circumstances, regional potential, and preparedness for assumptions which are not expected will be needed to improve disaster assumption.
More than 10 people. Negotiable, in the case of fewer than 10 people.
Any number of people is acceptable. (However, please prepare a venue.)
Venue is to be prepared by participants. Travel expense and accommodation fee if it is needed. Document charge: 150 yen per person. Negotiable in other possible costs.
90 minutes or 120 minutes (including a part of the contents of "[Lecture] To save the precious life.") *60 minutes is also available as a simplified version.
Disaster preparedness / Aftermath of a disaster (72 hours) / All
Lifelong Learning Division, Education Department, Tomiya City Board of Education (022-358-9159)